Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lucky Seven excerpt: Dawn's Bright Talons

I was tagged by Carrie Clevenger for a fun lucky seven post. Here's the rules:

1. Go to page 77 in your current manuscript
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they are - no cheating
4. Tag 7 other authors (Done on Facebook)

Here's my lucky seven. This is taken from Dawn's Bright Talons:

...blazing with gas lights turned to their brightest setting. It must cost the woman a fortune. Then again, she had old money, the kind grown fat on the old slave trade, and investments almost as ancient as Ysul.

No one knew the lady’s age and, as far as I knew, she outdated even Ezekiel, who’d been knocking around for six centuries at the very least. I found it unusual that she’d created progeny at all. The very old vampires tended toward solitude and the gap in years between them and their mortal companions was so vast there often rarely was any cause for common ground.

2 comments:

  1. Yay elderly vampires. Heh. :D

    I's been tagged! My current WiP doesn't have a page 77...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love gas lights in stories. I know, random thought there. ;)

    ReplyDelete