Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Quick update, September 2014

Basically, I’m tardy, and I haven’t actually done a proper blog about some of my recent doings. I keep meaning to, but then invariably something else comes up.

First on the agenda is that The Guardian’s Wyrd now has its print version available overseas and here in South Africa. If you’re in Cape Town on September 27, do join us at the launch/signing thingie, which will be held at Metal Machine in the CBD. Do RSVP over at the Facebook page so I can decide how many cupcakes to order.

Daniël Hugo and I will be available to sign copies, so you can be a proud owner of a collector’s issue at the hugely discounted price of R80 a copy. How many opportunities like this will exist, where you can own a copy that has both author and illustrator’s signatures within?

Don’t forget that the ebook version is available from Amazon, Kobo and Kalahari.

Dawn’s Bright Talons is hitting the mark with readers, some of whom have even claimed that I nearly caused them to miss their stops while they were travelling by train. At the time of writing, I am busy proofing the print version, which should be available soon.

One of my favourite authors ever – Storm Constantine – has graciously agreed to writing a blurb, and I’m over the moon with what she’s had to say:


Nerine Dorman's bright clear prose is at the forefront of modern fantasy

I’m really looking forward to holding physical copies of this novel, as this is one of my “heart” projects. If, however, you’re yet to feed your chosen reading device, Dawn’s Bright Talons is available in a range of formats from the likes of Amazon, Kobo and Smashwords.

I’ve also recently collected a few of my short stories that have slipped between the cracks. Lost Children is the result, and in this slim volume you’ll find a little bit of everything, from fantasy to out-and-out horror. At the time of writing, I’ve yet to put up the print version, but you can purch
ase digital copies at Amazon, Kobo and Smashwords.

Last, but not least, my Dangerous Beasts stories are underway (writing as Therése von Willegen, of course) and if you’re looking for fantasy that’s a bit… erm… saucy… well… There you go, Killer Torsos available at Amazon, Kobo and Smashwords.

That’s the gist of it. Editing-wise I’m busy with some super projects, which are keeping me out of mischief but are making my dark, twisted little heart very happy, even if I’m not able to devote more time to my actual writing. But more on that later.

2 comments:

  1. So excited to go to the launch of Gaurdian's Wyrd. R80 a copy - you have got to be KIDDING me that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been able to cut out the middleman, so to speak, so I'm passing on as much discount as possible to my readers.

      Delete