Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Inkarna uncovered!


Some of you may have heard rumblings about my dark fantasy novel, Inkarna, which I sold to Dark Continents Publishing earlier this year. Well, I'm pleased as punch to reveal the cover art. Artwork is by none other than Dr-Benway himself, who's known for his fetish, glam and bizarre photography. Not only that, but he's one of the scriptwriters and directors for BlackMilk Productions, an award-winning independent film production company. He also happens to be my Dear Husband, who has to put up with me dwelling in my imaginary worlds.

A little about the novel: Inkarna is the tale involving conflict between members of an ancient Egyptian reincarnation cult. It plays off in Cape Town, South Africa. There's plenty of action and misadventures which follows my protagonist, Ash, who returns to the material realm in the wrong body--then has to deal with the consequences of unwittingly getting lumped with a terrible secret.

The novel's currently undergoing its first editing rounds and I'm very excited (and just ever so slightly nervous) to find out what my editor is going to do to it with her red pen and scalpel blades.

If you want to keep up to speed with my assorted authorly antics, do follow me on Twitter @nerinedorman or like my author page on Facebook.

4 comments: