Monday, September 15, 2014

The Guardian's Wyrd launch event




While it's darn satisfying releasing a new novel out in the wilds, nothing quite beats holding a print version in one's grubby mitts, and I've worked long and hard to bring you the dead-tree version of The Guardian's Wyrd, which was initially released by Wordsmack as an ebook. So, if you can't make my book launch, and you're yet to read the book, I urge you to support this wonderful South African SFF epublisher. Without them this book wouldn't be half as good as it is now (thank you, Kim McCarthy, you're an awesome editor).


But back to the launch event. I was chatting to my illustrator, Daniël Hugo, and he was keen on the idea that we set up a joint signing so that folks can get copies of the novel, in addition to some of Daniël's other artwork, and get stuff signed.

So I've printed off a box of books (as it appears in this blog) and we'll be at Metal Machine in the Cape Town CBD on September 27 between 10am and 12.30pm. If you're in town on the day, do swing past to say hi, get a biscuit and pick up your print copy. It's going to be really chillaxed, so I'm not going to talk in funny voices or do a reading or anything.

But we will be shooting the breeze and having a few laughs, and generally just enjoying the fact that we've unleashed another good book.

Please RSVP at the Facebook event so I know how many snacks to get hold of.

2 comments: